GET BACK INTO YOUR PRE-COVID GROOVE AND STAY CLIMBING
Please refresh your browser and make sure you see the correct year before you begin filling out the google forms for registration. PLEASE, read the entire page so that you can see how the new pricing, scheduling, and start dates will work. We are psyched to get the kids climbing again and look forward to seeing everyone!
Hello Lovely Patrons!
We want to take this time to thank you so much for your patience as we have been diligently working to get organized for our re-opening. Thank you! We have developed guidelines which we feel are socially responsible and also protect the interests and security of our business. While we understand that many of these guidelines are new, and that some will not be appreciated, we are hopeful that you all will respect these guidelines with the understanding that we hope to help prevent the spread of COVID and a second closing of our city and/or province.
All of that being said, our new gym guidelines are as follows:
- EVERYBODY IS WELCOME! Please remember to maintain your distance, do not rush around corners, and be patient with our staff and other climbers.
- WAIVERS need to be completed before arriving at the gym.
- MINORS who are not members should not be left unattended under any circumstance. Youth program kids 14 and over, pre-comp, and competitive kids are all welcome to be left unattended at the gym.
- MASKS are to be worn AT ALL TIMES. We know there are people who will disagree and we understand your perspective but we have staff who are immunocompromised, we know people are traveling outside of Ottawa not wearing masks, and falling can be unpredictable. We cannot afford to be a part of the spread of COVID and get our doors shut again. Please, work with us on this, know that we too are anxious to ease restrictions. *You can remove your mask for the purposes of drinking water – hands get sanitized before removing and putting the mask back on. We will have lots of sanitizer and soap available for use.*
- LIQUID CHALK is mandatory. We are making and selling it at a very fair price. We cannot legally call this sanitizer but we are making it with 80% ethyl alcohol, it dries fast and will help keep your hands a bit cleaner. Support local and purchase your liquid chalk from CRG.
- INDOOR SHOES will be the new norm. In light of all the concerns with various forms of contact, we have decided to ask patrons to have their feet covered at all times while in the building.
- WASHROOMS ONLY. You will be asked to come ready to climb leaving all the unnecessary items at home or in your car. Please understand that at this time, you are not allowed to use the change rooms, water fountains, or lockers.
- BRING A WATER BOTTLE. We will have a water bottle refill station available for you to refill your bottles as needed.
- PRACTICE RESPONSIBLE PHYSICAL DISTANCING. Be close to those in your bubble only. Masks are not foolproof, air flows via areas of least resistance – Help Keep Ottawa Open!
- TOP ROPES ARE OPEN. Again, physical distancing still applies so try to use every second rope or wait your turn for a rope that would otherwise break those guidelines. At this time, we are not allowing lead climbing AND THERE ARE NO TOP-ROPE LESSONS.
- SANITIZE! Staff will be expecting you to use our provided hand sanitizer upon entry and as you exit the building. We have sent free sanitizer and staff will be walking around offering up its periodic use, please indulge.
- ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY. Please arrive early to help maximize your time on the wall as it allows staff to inform you of new procedures and get everybody checked-in. We are going to be doing 2-hour bookings with a 30 minute transition period to start. If you NO-SHOW on a booking, you will not be allowed to book again for a week so cancel ahead of time and let us know if you do not plan to attend your sessions.
- https://coyoterockgym.ca/calendar/ Use this link to book your sessions! If you intend to book more than 4 sessions per week, try to book your fifth session and beyond during the off hours.
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK OR APPEAR SICK! Please do not come into the gym coughing or sneezing, or have any signs of COVID as you will be asked to leave.
- THINGS ARE CHANGING QUICKLY. Stay tuned for updates!
Thank you all again for your patience and understanding, we have been so happy to see you all your faces again. We appreciate all your support.
Members, your memberships have all been placed on hold as of Sunday, March 15th. When memberships are placed on hold, your membership is extended for the duration of the hold, and we are not charging people to remove the hold when we are back up and running.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we all wait to hear more from the government and keep our families healthy by staying home.
Reach out via email or in-person if you are looking for resources on training. Some of my personal favorites are:
Camp4HumanPerformance – https://www.camp4humanperformance.com – even better on Instagram.
TrainingBeta – https://www.trainingbeta.com (awesome podcast with Neely Quinn)
Power Company Climbing – https://www.powercompanyclimbing.com
We are now officially closed in order to help mitigate the spread of the Corona Virus. Please know that we are keeping a close eye on the situation as it evolves and we will be keeping you apprised of the happenings at Coyote as we receive more information. We thank you kindly for your patience and hope to see you back climbing in the next couple of weeks.
Also, programs will be put on ‘pause’ – we are still unsure of the duration of the closure. While you may have many questions about what this means for your child’s youth program we ask that you remain patient as we all figure this out together; the situation is fluid. As always you can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
Thank you, as always, to our loyal members and patrons for your support during this difficult. If you are looking for something to do while the gym is closed please visit the websites of Kris Hamptom at www.powerclimbingcompany.com (home training routine) and Training for Climbing https://trainingforclimbing.com/4-fingerboard-strength-protocols-that-work/ for Eva Lopez’s max finger strength protocols.
Stay healthy and reach out on Facebook or via email if you need to speak to any of the management team here at CRG.
GOOD NEWS, WE ARE NOW OPEN EVERYDAY AT NOON AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME. COME CHECK IN AT THE DESK AND ENJOY AN EARLY SESSION.
Seeking all athletic, movement oriented and adventurous kids! Looking for something new to try or hoping to master the skills you already have? Register for youth program 2019/2020 by emailing email@example.com. Wax On, Wax Off!!